We started Lillyfield in February 2014. That means that 2018 was our 5th year and we will be starting the 6th school year in just a few days!
Look at how much we’ve grown:
- 2014: 16 students. 2018: 88 students. We are enrolling students for 2019 and will likely have over 100 students this year!
- 2014: 4 different grades. 2019: 10 different grades from Nursery (3 year-olds) to 7th Grade.
- 2014: 3 teachers. 2019: 11 teachers and 1 assistant.
- 2014: Library of less than 20 books; 2019: Library containing over 2,000 books!
- 2014: 3 classrooms and 1 office all in our house. 2019: 10 classrooms, 1 office, 1 staff room, and 1 store room in our house, Passang’s mother’s house, and Passang’s sister’s house.
Clearly we are growing – so much so that we are outgrowing our facilities! Thankfully we have land next to our current location that we are ready to build on. Unfortunately we don’t yet have the funds we need to construct a building. Can you help us raise these funds?
Here’s a look at our current location and future plans.
We are trying to raise $100,000 for this building project. We need to raise the money by the beginning of fall 2019 so that we can begin building during the dry season (fall-spring).
Here’s some information about the building project
- Two phase plan. Phase 1 to start in fall 2019.
- Phase 1 will be a two-story building approximately 45’x60’ – big enough to accommodate all our current classes.
- Expected cost of Phase 1: USD $100,000.
- We are raising funds in the US and locally in India.
- Building will be a reinforced concrete structure with brick and mortar walls. We are located in a very earthquake and landslide prone area making it extra important that we build a school that can withstand potential natural disasters.
- Due to our location up in the hills, far away from large cities, costs for supplies are quite high.
Here’s how you can donate (online or by check):
Note: All US donations will be provided with a tax deductible receipt as long an address is provided. Donations from outside the US can be accepted but are not eligible to receive a tax deductible receipt.
1. Online (donations online are charged a small fee by PayPal)
You will be donating to Care Ministries which has partnered with us to collect funds for this project (be sure to write a note to make sure the funds go into our account).
Go to https://www.paypal.com/donate/guest?token=7e2qratq2psLUQI_Y4xxdaxdPR3BhuWYlqevZGzPJjqqgKoUG41BDzFGdHLBDHsCloECGG. As you are filling in your information, click on “Write a note” button and type “For India School” so the donation goes into our account. Provide your mailing address to ensure you receive a tax-deductible receipt.
2. By Check
Make checks payable to Care Ministries, Inc
Write “For India School” in the memo line so the donation goes into our account. Send checks to:
Care Ministries, Inc.
1328 Veterans Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37128
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you SO much for your support! Every little bit will help us reach our goal and be able to provide a safe, spacious place for the students of Lillyfield to learn and grow!